09/2019 – 07/2020 Product Owner – Flexera Software, Maidenhead
Role: acting as Product Owner for Flexera’s Flexnet Operations, a suite for the management of software licensing.
Main achievement: enhanced the testability and reliability of Flexnet Operations by modularising and Dockerising it.
- Cleaned and reprioritised the Product backlog in order to respond to recent escalation of stability and reliability problems.
- Executed quarterly PI Planning and improved the clarity of represention of product change by seeking/adopting new tools.
- Gathered background use-cases and technical understanding of the product.
- Searched out stakeholders to validate assumptions and conclusions.
01/2017 – 08/2019: Senior Product Analyst – Cvent, Maidenhead
Role: acting as Product Analyst for the Cvent LeadCapture app, available on iOS/Android, supported by and integrated with other Cvent products and services.
Main achievement: successfully bridged feature-gap between old (iLeads) and new product (Universal LeadCapture), allowing a full customer migration onto the new offer.
- Produced feature-gap analysis between sunset product, competitors’ and our new offer, identifying opportunities and presenting findings to key stakeholders.
- Defined the Product backlog to be executed across three SCRUM dev teams and effectively managed change throughout its execution.
- Executed quarterly PI Planning across three teams, identifying mid-term commitments and delivering them within deadlines.
- Managed complex inter-team dependencies through multi-channel communication and SCRUM processes.
- Worked closely with three SCRUM teams in their daily work to provide a perspective on product and business value and to ensure output compliance.
- Provided product alignment to different stakeholders through regular meetings, demos and documentation.
05/2015 – 01/2017: Technical Program Manager – Lanyon, Maidenhead
Role: acting as Product Owner for the Lanyon Mobile app, available on iOS/Android/Windows, supported by a CMS and integrated with other 3rd party products.
Main achievement: Improved the usability of the Lanyon Mobile app by identifying areas of improvement through an analysis of the defects in backlog and executing the resulting stories.
- Defined the product backlog by gathering requirements from Sales, Client Services, customers and end users.
- Worked closely with the dev SCRUM team in day-to-day production by providing context on business purpose and value.
- Defined the User Experience and acted as a major stakeholder in defining the overall solutions to business problems.
- Effectively managed communication between Sales, Client Services and Development, bringing alignment and clarity on current and upcoming features.
- Acted as UX designer and provided designs, user journeys and specs for stories in backlog and worked closely with developers and testers to implement them.
- Triaged, analysed and categorised defects in backlog to identify areas of improvement. Translated those into requirements and executed them over the following quarter. Successfully presented the improvements to stakeholders.
02/2011 – 06/2014: Senior Front End Developer – Yell.com, Reading
Previous experience as Front End Developer dating back to 2005